<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mommytravels.net

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Andina - Peruvian Cuisine


Andina Restaurant Portland, OregonAndina is a popular Peruvian restaurant in downtown Portland in the Pearl district. We went their last weekend for date night. The multi-level restaurant was awesome. It had a neat atmosphere. 
While we waited for a table we watched the craziness of the open kitchen cranking out food as fast as they could. We only had to wait 15 minutes for a table on a Saturday night, which for Portland is amazing. 
The meal started off with bread and three dipping sauces a jalapeƱo  sauce, passion fruit sauce, and some sort of peanut sauce. All the sauces were tasty. 



Next, we shared a small salad which was plenty for the two of us. The salad is one of their small plates that can come in small, medium, or large. All their Peruvian tapas can be ordered that way. Although there were lots of tapas on the menu the salad was the  only one we tried.
Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon

Instead of tapas we ordered from their entrees menu. This one is the lamb entree. It was a huge portion. 
Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon

I ordered one of the specials flank steak with chimichurri sauce. It was a wonderful meal! I do not know what to call the vegetable rice stack, but it was so good. 
Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon

We finished the meal off with dessert. We had the flan which was good, but thicker then flan I've had before. Andina had a bunch of unusual sorbets on their menu we had some sort of raspberry hazelnut sorbet. 
Andina Restaurant Portland, Oregon
Andina on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

We have not been there in years. I think it's time to head back, everything looks great!

February 8, 2014 at 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Momfever said...

That bread looks really yummy! I love bread with some herbal butter. I can feel my mouth watering already.

February 10, 2014 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel Keeth said...

I love trying different cuisines, so this sounds like an interesting restaurant.

The passion fruit sauce sounds particularly interesting. I tried to grow passion fruit once, but we had to make an unexpected trip out of town in the middle of August, which killed the seedlings.

February 10, 2014 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger popcosmo said...

This looks delicious! My husband used to travel to Portland every month and always raved about the restaurants -- I was so jealous! It seems there is no end to the amazing ones there. Lucky you!
xo ~kim & chloe @ popcosmo.com

February 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Meagan Shamy said...

Now that I've finally been it's pretty obvious why it stays so popular after so many years.

February 10, 2014 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Meagan Shamy said...

Initially I was disappointed that it was bread instead of chips, but it was great.

February 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Meagan Shamy said...

Apparently Passion fruit is a Peruvian staple. They offered lots of choices that included passion fruit.

February 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Meagan Shamy said...

It has become quite the destination for foodie's. We rarely go to the same place twice here.

February 10, 2014 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger NJ @ A Cookie Before Dinner said...

Raspberry Hazelnut sorbet sounds super tasty! It looks like a great place to grab a bite. I'll have to try to remember this, if I ever get to Portland!

February 10, 2014 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Nicky Omohundro said...

I have never had Peruvian food. These all looks delicious. I love lamb shank. The passion fruit dipping sauce with the bread sounds interesting. I'll need to find a Peruvian restaurant around you.

February 10, 2014 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Hi! Stopping by through the SITS commenting challenge. I have never been to Portland but I know where to eat now if I ever get to visit. I love flan and the flank steak looks amazing.

February 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Reda Hicks said...

Wow, this place looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

February 10, 2014 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Stephens said...

I love trying new foods and I am a big fan of Peruvian dishes they are sooo good and they have so much flavor. Thanks for sharing those pics made me hungry.

February 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Nolie said...

Dinner looks yummy

February 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home